The HP Designjet Z9 Postscript printer is HP’s latest 9-colour large format printer with HP Pixel Control technology (C, M, Y, CR, PK, MK, CB, CG and G). It also has an additional option to add Gloss Enhancer (up to 10 inks) with the HP Gloss Enhancer Upgrade Kit.
It also comes with an embedded i1 spectrophotometer. Choose the – Z9 that delivers the quality of a 12 ink-system.
Impress the most discerning eye with natural transitions and details. Increase gamut up to 10%, especially in dark colours.
Produce prints with more sharpness, shadows, and highlight detail. Reduce grain, and see more robust transitions. The Z6 PostScript Printer models are 6 pigmented-ink, available as 24”, 44” and 44”DR (dual-roll) models with V-Trimmer.
The Z6 Printer series form part of HP’s DesignJet high-impact graphics printers range.
HP DESIGNJET Z6 OVERVIEW
- HP Vivid Photo Inks
- HP Pixel Control*
- Vertical Trimmer (only on DR model)
- High-Definition Nozzle Architecture Print-heads with dual drop technology – HP HDNA is one of the foundational building blocks of the Z6 system which enables faster print speeds while not trading off image quality. (20% faster than predecessor)
- Adobe® PDF Print Engine
- Adobe® PDF PostScript with HP Professional PANTONE® emulation
- Automatic horizontal cutter, but the Vertical Trimmer is only available in the HP DesignJet Z9DR
i1 Spectrophotometer – HP Easy Profiling Solution, which builds custom ICC colour profiles for maximum colour accuracy & the most pleasing-looking prints. It can be triggered from the HP Colour Centre & consists of first performing a colour calibration, then printing a profiling target that is measured using the XRite i1 Spectrophotometer On-Line and finally building an ICC colour profile that is installed in the appropriate location on the host computer from which the process was launched. The resulting ICC profile is then available to all applications as well as embedded in the printer
- HP chromatic inks that result in large colour gamut’s and good gloss uniformity that can further be improved with an additional gloss enhancer
- High capacity 300ml inks
- Gb/Sec Ethernet
- Enable Pin Printing at no extra cost
- HP Secure Boot technology: Protecting the BIOS against attacks and infection from malware
- Whitelisting: the device loads only “known” good firmware
- Self-Encrypted 500GB hard drive & 128GB memory
*Pixel control is an imaging pipeline that controls printed output pixel-by-pixel, resulting in better print quality, more choice and more precise control than conventional imaging pipelines that make decisions on an ink-by-ink basis. HP Pixel Control is always turned on as it is the built-in imaging pipeline of the printer that is used by all printing paths (drivers, USB, HP Click). It requires no set-up, installation or tuning as this has been done already during product development and is optimized to give the best performance.